Sundia's discovery biology services include in vitro biology and in vivo pharmacology. Sundia's state-of-the-art biology facilities include an animal facility, molecular diagnosis facility, and GMP-compliant microbiology facility. The animal facility is equipped with automated monitoring and control systems and houses animal models ranging from mice to rhesus monkeys. The facility has passed both client and government inspection. The molecular diagnosis facility, with a standard P2 laboratory, has passed inspection by big US pharma companies and is in service for clinical samples.
- Our in vitro Biology team has extensive experience in molecular biology, assay development, drug target validation, SAR support, and other pre-clinical development. The biological team can support most drug discovery targets, including enzymes, nuclear receptors, and GPCRs, and has established research platforms for oncology, CNS diseases, nanotechnology, microbiology and molecular diagnosis. We have extensive experiences in developing biochemical and cell-based assays. Our assay detection formats include fluorescence, color metrics, mass-spec, radioisotope, PCR, real time PCR etc. We also provide services in the determination of mechanism of action for enzymes, inhibitors, and receptor agonists and antagonists; characterization of binding kinetics and binding sites.
- Our In vivo Pharmacology team has rich experience in developing and optimizing animal models for several disease areas, especially for oncology and CNS targets. We have established several animal models, including CNS disorders (memory, pain, Parkinson disease, etc.), cancer, infectious and metabolic (diabetes) diseases.
- We have on-site animal facility which has passed inspections including major international pharmaceutical companies. The animal species are readily available from Sundia and we can perform in life study for these species: mice, rats, hamsters, pigs, rabbits, beagle dogs and rhesus/cyno monkeys.
- Our Structural Biology capability is supported by the experienced team from CalAsia Pharmaceuticals with more than 50 year combined experience. We have set up a seamless work flow to best facilitate the discovery process. The team has solved >120 novel proteins and 500+ co-crystal structures. The proteins include metabolic disease targets, kinases, nuclear hormone receptors, phosphodiesterases, proteases and memberane proteins among others. The team also has extensive experience in fragment-based lead generation.
- Drug Discovery & Research
- Pharmaceutical Development
- New Drug Preclinical Development